Peste des petits ruminants (PPR) antibody rapid card test kit - 40 test/kit
This rapid test is an immuno-chromatographic test, using colloidal gold immunoassay method, to detect the antibody against PPR virus inwhole blood, serum. After adding sample, the sample move along with the colloidal gold labeling PPR antigen, is there is PPR antibody in the sample, it combines with antigen on T line and show wine-red color; if there is no PPR antibody, then no color reaction.
PPR Ab test card
1) Collect whole blood, separate serum (centrifuge at 2000-3000 r/min for 5~15min or separate out naturally at 4℃overnight), or take whole blood with anticoagulants as sample. Take whole blood without anticoagulants as sample is also OK, but must test it immediately.
2) Open the package, take out test card, put it on clean, flat desk.
3) Use dropper to absorb the sample, adding 3 drops sample into “S” mark well slowly drop by drop.
4) Judge the result in 10-20min, it is invalid beyond 20min.
1)Positive: control line and test line are both seen wine red, the more the antibody exist, the thicker the color appear;
2)Negative:only control line is seen wine red;
3) Invalidation: control line isn’t seen wine red.
5. Consults for diagnosis
1).If not inoculated by the bacterin againstPPR virus:
a. test line don’t appear visible wine red show there are no antibodies against PPR virus in tested samples, if the animal are healthy, it shows there is no PPRV infection;
b. test line appear visible wine red show the animal was infected with wild virus, should be more observed to validate.
2). if have been inoculated by the bacterin againstPPR virus:
a. the color of test line show no clear color, it means the vaccine immune do not produce protected antibody, it has risk of infected wild virus, suggest having vaccine replant.
b. the color of test line is clear, it means the vaccine has produced protected antibody. If appear infected sign, it may appear immune failure, appear infected PPR.
6. Storage and expiry date
Store at 2 - 30ºC and the shelf life is 24 months.
1) Do not use test card out of date and bad package;
2) Do not use pure water, running water and normal saline as negative control;
3) Store at room temperature (< 30℃) is OK.If store in cool, need return to room temperature firstly, then open package, avoid moisture. Use the test card as soon as possible after open the package.
4) Do not touch the white membrane surface in the middle of test card.
5) To ensure the test quality, take fresh, unpolluted sample. If there is a lot of blood lipids, it will affect the result, so after centrifuge, take serum to test, avoid fat. If the blood or serum is sticky or not enough, use normal saline to dilute at same dilution factor to dilute, then to test.
6) If the serum can not be tested immediately, store at 4℃for short time (in 48hours), store at below -20℃for long-tern storage.
7) Whole blood without anticoagulants should be tested immediately; if already exist part of cruor, separate serum to test. The whole blood with anticoagulants should be tested in 24hours, do not frozen. Freezing and thawing causes hemolysis of red blood cells rupture, seriously affect the test results.
8) When dropping sample, keep head of dropper and “S” well at 1cm to ensure adding sample accurately. If too close, can cause small droplet volume caused by drips judgment error or is not allowed to join the sample size, influence the test results.
9) Avoid bubble when adding sample, the sample quantity should be controlled at about 100ul (about 3 drops). Too much sample would not increase sensitivity. In particular, the whole blood of excessive have made erythrocyte sedimentation in "show hole" place, causing membrane chromatography is so deep into the red background, seriously affect the results.
10) The antibody level is only related to darkness of T line, no relation with C line. Only the C line is clean to see, it means the test is valid.
11) Treat the test card and sample at pollutant according to local regulations.